Annual Design for Change Singapore Challenge
The Design for Change Singapore Challenge is one of Singapore’s largest Inter-School Challenges recognising young change makers and their meaningful work. Each year schools submit their social innovation projects, which are evaluated by an expert panel of judges to determine the winners. Submitted stories reach more than 70 nations as part of the Global Design for Change network
The Annual ‘Be the Change’ Celebration is a culminating event of the Design for Change Singapore Challenge to celebrate and share the inspiring work of our young change makers. The event is an opportunity for young people, teachers, social sector organisations, parents and media to connect and get inspired.
Examples of previous DFC Stories of Change
Think from your heart
- List situations / problems in your school / community that bother you.
- Who was affected by the situation / problem and what did they say?
- State the problem chosen and why you chose it.
- List your different solutions and pick one to implement.
- Why did you choose this solution?
Make change happen
- How did your team implement your idea for change?
- What was successful?
- What changes did you make to improve the idea for change?
‘I CAN’! Now you can!
- Register for the Design for Change Singapore Challenge.
- Submit your social change story either via Video Story or Photo Story.
12th Design for Change Singapore Challenge 2021 Timeline
Registration for teams wanting to submit their project is now open! Register NOW and more information will sent to you on story submission. **Design for Change Student Workshops and Teacher Training are available in support of the Challenge. NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
See examples of previous projects HERE.
25th September 2021
Online ‘I CAN Story’ submission closes.
Panel of distinguished judges meet to select shortlisted teams and Primary and Secondary School category winners.
Shortlisted teams present their ‘I CAN Stories’ at the Singapore Be the Change (virtual) Celebration. Winners will be announced from each Primary and Secondary School category.
Design for Change Challenge Information Guide will be sent to you upon registration.
If your students have yet to finish their project this year; you may submit a last year’s project provided it was not submitted for the Challenge previously.